USCG Master's License Examination [Updated to June 2007 Questions]
Note: The USCG has discontinued distribution of question and answer material for their 'Deck Examination' which includes 100T and 6 Pack questions. The official notice is here
The folks at Advanced Research Corporation ® initially contracted
with one of the local "good old boys" for a course in obtaining a
USCG Master's license. You guessed it, he provided a " glossed over"
program and skipped on almost half of the classes. So, we developed this
Question and Answer Web site that provides the bulk of the USCG questions in an
easy to read format. In addition, we developed an interactive program that provides
50 to 60 questions on a given element.
We would like to share the aids we used in passing the test.
Specifically, we would like to provide to USCG candidates our
on-line testing facility based on the USCG questions. A couple
of cautions are provided:
- The contents of this page include USCG questions in an Advanced Research
proprietary format (copyright). Individuals are encouraged to use it. However, if you are
part of an organized class, your instuctor should contact us prior to you using it.
- We do not provide the illustrations that are referenced in
many of the questions (Rule, Deck). However, we provide links
to relevant USCG pages.
- For the interactive questions, you must use Internet Explorer 4.0 or better (sorry). If you are using another browser (e.g., Firefox, Safari, etc.), decide which is the right answer, then highlight it [e.g., select the chosen line with a drag-right click] and you will see a Y or N.
- USCG did not provide sufficient information to answer
many of the Navigation Problems. Specifically, deviation (pgc, psc)
and variation (psc) were not provided. Therefore, questions regarding
non "true bearings" may be impossible to answer! However, we are building
Ann's Suite of Navigation Problems for the Chesapeake and Long Island
to resolve some of these problems.
- USCG does not provide test information for the Sail Auxillary.
If you have any questions or comments, please contact me
The sections below provide answers to the vast majority of the questions
used by the USCG for the "T-Boat [< 100 GT]" exam. For each element,
there are several entries:
- A Question and Answer page for off-line printing
- An interactive Question and Answer page
- The USCG supporting illustrations
- Ann's Suite of Navigation Problems (reversed engineered for dev/var)
Rules of the Road [Book 1]
Deck General [Book 2]
Navigation General [Book 3]
Safety [Book 4]
Navigation Problems [Book 5]
Ann's Suite of Problems